Put together for OlliOlli World with ideas and methods from Roll7 – PlayStation.Weblog
Forward of the OlliOlli World launch on February 8, the group at Roll7 is sharing a few of our greatest ideas for gamers previous and new. Kuan-Ting “Tin-Tin” Chin (QA whizz with superhuman reflexes and godly controller expertise) has some recommendation for veteran gamers, and I (author with reflexes of an overtired sloth who just lately broke my controller by rolling my chair over it) have some ideas for folk who’re simply beginning out.
With regards to methods…
- My Suggestions: There are an enormous number of methods accessible to you in OlliOlli World – certain, you may get extra factors for doing larger, flashier, extra advanced methods… or you possibly can start to enhance your rating just by stringing methods along with manuals. Linking methods collectively helps you to construct combos, that are key to bettering your scores!
- Tin-Tin’s Suggestions: It is best to at all times be doing one thing – in case you aren’t pulling any methods or grinds, it’s going to price you your excessive scores. Examine the “Tricktionary”, attempt to pull off essentially the most advanced combos you possibly can, and get grasping! Additionally, ensure you’re aiming for essentially the most diversified trick choice potential – repeated use of the identical trick will yield decrease scores.
Timing is essential
- My Suggestions: In contrast to in earlier OlliOlli video games, a mistimed touchdown received’t finish your complete run in a brutal slam that absolutely wipes out your rating. It’s potential to finish ranges and challenges with out timing each single transfer completely… however you received’t be making the primary spot on the leaderboards with wonky landings. First, give attention to making it to the top, then attempt coming again to earlier ranges when you’ve had an opportunity to enhance your expertise!
- Tin-Tin’s Suggestions: Good timing doesn’t simply enhance your base rating – it additionally boosts your rating multiplier, which is without doubt one of the key components you’ll need to give attention to in case you’re chasing severely excessive scores. A poorly timed touchdown can severely influence your last rating. Whenever you’re bringing a posh combo to an finish, it’s essential to give attention to sticking the touchdown with good precision.
Verify your checkpoints
- My Suggestions: in case you attempt to do a stage multi functional lengthy combo, after which mess up as soon as proper towards the top? Yeah, you lose your entire rating. As an alternative, I like to finish my combo as soon as I’ve handed a checkpoint – this banks the rating amassed to date. It additionally signifies that in case you slam you’ll solely lose slightly little bit of the rating that you just’ve been build up over the course of the extent.
- Tin-Tin’s Suggestions: Checkpoints aren’t only for newbies – additionally they present an superior alternative to essentially study every a part of the extent. Trying out the a number of alternative ways you may strategy a collection of obstacles will likely be an enormous assist in enabling you to get the absolute best rating. There’s no level replaying the entire stage from the begin to observe touchdown one actually tough bounce – so use checkpoints to brush up in your expertise, and you’ll then restart from the highest to get your good run in a single clean combo.
And at last – irrespective of your ability stage, it’s at all times a good suggestion to take a look at stage replays and watch what others are doing in our asynchronous multiplayer modes. There are a number of methods to finish every stage, and infrequently seeing any person else attempt one thing new may help work out the easiest way to strategy a difficult problem or to max out your rating.
OlliOlli World launches tomorrow, February 8 on PS5 and PS4!