CDPR refunded 30,000 copies of Cyberpunk 2077 in $2.2m refund marketing campaign

0
97


CD Projekt posted a document yr thanks in no small half to its December launch of Cyberpunk 2077 however, as anybody accustomed to Cyberpunk‘s launch will know, income and gross sales numbers do not paint an entire image of the sport’s large debut.

That monetary report, discovered right here, provides a extra substantial take a look at CD Projekt’s personal refund marketing campaign for Cyberpunk 2077 and the way a lot the corporate is anticipating to place towards refunds facilitated by different retailers within the weeks and months following Cyberpunk 2077‘s catastrophic launch.

In that report and CD Projekt’s earnings name, the corporate disclosed that it spent PLN 8.2 million, roughly $2.2 million, on refunds by means of simply its personal Assist Me Refund marketing campaign. This system was a present of goodwill from CD Projekt after Cyberpunk 2077 launched with bugs, crashes, and efficiency points that, in some instances, rendered the much-hyped recreation unplayable.

Assist Me Refund aimed to grant gamers refunds straight from CD Projekt Pink in instances the place they have been unable to return their video games by means of the retailer from which it was initially bought. Elaborating on this system in its earnings name, CD Projekt management added that the $2.2 million determine implies that it facilitated roughly 30,000 refunds by itself.

The majority of these refunds, 95 % based on CD Projekt, have already reached the wallets of Assist Me Refund individuals, and the remaining 5 % represents the “most tough” group the place geographic location or banking complexities add friction to the method.

Nevertheless, that $2.2 million determine consists of refunds for gamers that reached out on to the Cyberpunk maker for assist inside a restricted window of the sport’s launch. Different retailers, notably digital recreation shops like these discovered on PlayStation and Xbox consoles, kicked off refund campaigns of their very own for people who bought Cyberpunk 2077 and have been unwilling to attend for the still-in-the-works collection of fixes that can deliver the sport as much as snuff.

Provisions for these exterior refunds are famous means later in CD Projekt’s full monetary report. Some digging and quantity crunching on that entrance from the oldsters at Ars Technica additionally reveals that CD Projekt has an additional PLN 194.5 million, roughly $51.2 million, put aside as “provisions for returns” to cowl refunds throughout Cyberpunk 2077‘s launch month again in 2020 and onward into this yr. That features the $2.2 million determine talked about above, in addition to $10.7 million for retailer-facilitated refunds in 2020, and $38.3 million to compensate for refunds and gross sales misplaced by means of different means throughout 2021.



Supply hyperlink

Leave a reply